Old December 7th 20, 11:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Oudie 2 profile examples

On Friday, December 4, 2020 at 9:39:53 PM UTC-5, Tim Taylor wrote:
On Friday, December 4, 2020 at 6:00:08 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Been playing around with my Oudie 2, and the options to set the map and navigation boxes almost seem infinitesimal. I've tried searching for templates and/or examples that others have created, but not much luck. I prefer a clutterless map, but can't decide on the choice of boxes.

How have you configured the 2 maps? I would love to see examples and what the consensus is. Thanks,

Paul

Their is no consensus. It all comes down to personal preference and mission. I have the two windows configured for very different missions. My main window is configured for racing to give me maximum information to allow me to make good tactical decisions. That window is nearly half full of nav boxes. The second window is designed for survival mode. It gives me maximum information to stay in the air, reach the nearest airport, or land safely in a field.

SeeYou Mobile is infinitely customizable, best is just to play with it and see what you like. If you have specific questions of what you want to see I am glad to provide help. Several ways to start is to make a list of what information you want or go through the list of boxes with the manual and make a list of those that you would like to try.

Thanks Tim. I've playing with it for days now, and I have different profiles made for the club ships I fly, all the same with the exception of the polars. I like the idea of making map 2 a "survival mode" map.

Paul