Old October 27th 16, 02:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas

Default FREE CHECKRIDES at Marfa, west Texas 2016-2017

On Tuesday, October 25, 2016 at 11:11:53 AM UTC-5, Waveguru wrote:
The tow rope is a little short tho.... ;^)

Yes, I'm US "standard" (whatever that means) at 205-210 feet. I agree that longer tow ropes are "easier."
I fly most every year in Germany (I gave 44 checkrides for the FAA for German pilots over there a few years ago) and wow, they aerotow with really short ropes, often behind motor gliders and even LSA type towplanes. Made for some interesting boxing of the wake with the German applicants for their FAA glider ratings.