Old July 11th 03, 02:13 AM
Del Rawlins

On 10 Jul 2003 03:36 PM, pac plyer posted the following:

The same could be done for part 91 flight. We could all write Phil
Boyer at AOPA and Paul Jr. at EAA and suggest arming ourselves at
little airports across America. This would keep non-flying TSA drones
out of our hair while at the same time providing real protection for
the GA fleet.

Here in Alaska the pilot in command is required to carry a firearm (
except for airlines and flights passing through Canada) for survival
purposes. Buddy of mine who is a bush pilot had a client pressuring him
to make a flight in unsafe conditions. The guy started to get nasty and
in his face until he realized my friend was wearing his .45, at which
point his politeness returned to him. Now the gun was not mentioned nor
was a move made for it, but without a doubt had it not been there the
client would have continued, possibly getting physical, and a less
strong willed pilot than my friend might have given in and made the
flight.

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/