Old August 14th 04, 05:23 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Jim Cummiskey" wrote in message
news:qHoTc.37435$ih.16698@fed1read07...

Nope. I was at a position EXACTLY where I claimed to be. I was 5 miles
from the airport, and I WAS on final. Thus "5 Miles Final."

You're changing your story. In your initial message you wrote; "At 5 miles
from the airport (still offset from the centerline), I report '5 mile
final'." So which is it? Were you on final when you reported or were you
offset from the centerline?

As I have attempted to point out numerous times, the real issue is: "Must
you be on the extended centerline to be on final?" You believe the answer
is "Yes." I belive that the answer is "No."

You say that like it's a matter of opinion.