Old November 20th 03, 01:32 PM
Cub Driver

I heard a variant of that story -- they were using a Hercules to
bomb British troop positions. The Argies were using dumb bombs, but
modern ordnance such as Storm Shadow can guide itself, which makes
it a more practical proposition.

It was a Hercules in the story about the attempt on the QE2 as well.
But of course it could have been a story the QE2 crewman heard, and to
liven it up he applied it to the place he happened to be. I think that
was South Georgia island. Dunno if a Herk could go from Argentina to
South Georgia and back -- it's a fairly long jump.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put CUB in subject line)

see the Warbird's Forum at
www.warbirdforum.com