Old June 20th 08, 09:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JGalban via AviationKB.com

Default Deer hunting in an airplane

Gig 601Xl Builder wrote:

It isn't just small airports. That said we got us a $2mil fence that
while paid for with FAA and DHS money its primary gain will be the
reduction in deer on the runway.

I don't think it makes much difference whether it's a small or large
airport. Last year I landed at Gillespee in San Diego. There was a coyote
sitting on the centerline of the runway, not budging even when I taxiied
right past him.

The fact that there's often tasty grass growing around a runway, brings a
lot of herbivores around. I've dodged deer, buffalo and caribou that had
come for a snack by the runway. In heavily forested areas, the airport will
have the best grazing around.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)