Old October 9th 13, 09:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Cockpit noise level

Two place Glider canopies make twice as much noise. I have struggled with that issue on both of the ASH 25's I have owned. Open cell weather stripping works the best as it compresses down nicely, but it moves in hot weather and has to be replaced often. This year I discovered some slightly denser open cell sticky backed foam tape at a hobby shop. It is white and about 1/4 inch in width. It held up all last season and look like it will last at least one more year. I think it is called wing mounting tape. On the ASH the noise seems to come mostly from the back of each canopy.

DLB