Old August 14th 06, 05:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
raulb

Default New proposed MOA new Ely NV

Much of the airspace that we utilize in the western US is a MOA. For
the MOST part, it is not a problem. You just have to be aware that
there is always the chance you could come around in that thermal and
see an F-16 headed at you at mach 1.

It just depends upon what they want to do with that airspace grab. If
they want to restrict is, then you might have a problem. Yet even
then, occasionally we can overfly Edwards AFB (provided we ask first).

Ron Gleason wrote:

Hill Air Force in South Ogden UT has applied for a new MOA, White Elk
MOA, that would run north of Ely NV to south of Wells NV covering the
area over highway 93 in White Pine County. This new MOA is west of the
existing Wendover MOA and would add 2400 square miles.

I am not familar with the Ely NV soaring site but I have to believe
this is MOA will be problamatic.