Old December 2nd 05, 09:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default US ELT Installation

Hi UH,

Thanks for the feedback.

Nevertheless, I am back to my original set of questions regarding the
best approach to compliance.

Does one only "jury-rig" a system to meet compliance or will one need
some certification that one's installation is actually functional.

These questions are particularly pertinent to owners of experimentally
certificated gliders since the owner can do all the work. As well, for
owners of experimentally certificated gliders made of carbon fiber, a
functional installation could be quite difficult unless the new antenna
is mounted externally, which no racer would want to do.

Still waiting to see a well thought out policy with respect to the
intent of the rule.

So far, none of the replies seems coherent on this topic.

mhr