Old August 26th 03, 09:25 AM
Al Denelsbeck

Neil Trotter wrote in
:

In article , Boudewijn van
Ingen said:

Yes, I guess I should have been more specific about this. The real
"Isla de Pascua" (a quite literal translation of "Easter Island")
apparently does not have many trees, as I learned here, just like you
do now.. ;-)

Does anyone here know *why* there are so few trees?

The consensus at this point seems to be "because they were all cut
down".

If you dig around at
http://jcolavito.tripod.com/lostcivilizations/id12.html, you can find some
mention of the tree issue. Best to ignore everyting related to the nutcase
von Daniken (repeatedly misspelled on this page).

With trees on the island, moving and erecting the statues becomes
less of a mystery.

- Al.

--
To reply, insert dash in address to separate G and I in the domain