Old March 20th 06, 12:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft,rec.aviation.piloting

Default Headsets ? (Helmets)

"Stuart & Kathryn Fields" wrote in message
.. .
Weeelll as told to me by the chief instructor at the Test Pilot school in
Mojave (helicopter pilot) He doesn't feel good as a passenger in a
helicopter where the pilot isn't wearing a helmet. He related some bird

Just so we get our nomenclature correct, its called an ECD not a helmet.
ECD is an acronym for Ego Containment Device. I think maybe we should all
fly with nomex suits, nomex gloves, steel toed jack boots, and an ECD.

Am I serious? See this pic: http://www.igor.com/pix/03-14-06_1634.jpg

Bart