Old June 16th 04, 08:58 PM
Robert M. Gary

wrote in message ...
"Robert M. Gary" wrote:

"Dash8Driver" wrote in message news:J3Qzc.56901$HG.14900@attbi_s53...
Enter VORs as waypoints in a flight plan?

Its not the flight plan I'm worried about, its the frequent changes to
it by ATC. The reason we use airways out west is because it simplifies
all the turns around restricted airspace and busy airspace. If you
can't enter an airway, you'd need to put in every point along the
airway that defines a turn.

-Robert

What you're looking for is an airway database. Even the IFR Garmins don't have that. Those are
the domain of airliners and biz jets for the most part.

I have it in my current handheld (Skymap IIIc). However, the terrain
looks better in the 296 and the battery backup is great (as well as
the turn coorindator) so I'll accept the loss of airways for the new
296. Looking at previous ebay sales, I can probably get enough from my
old IIIc to pay for the 296. The IIIc has a much bigger screen and
nice joystick control.

-Robert