Old June 16th 04, 11:25 PM
Andrew Sarangan

(Robert M. Gary) wrote in
om:

I just recently decided to buy our first Garmin GPS (296). I had not
in the past because they were so far behind on providing terrain. They
fixed that with the 296. However, the one outstanding item missing on
the 296 are airways. On my Skymap IIIc I can easily fly an airway by
putting the white course line on the pink airway line. Airways are
pretty common in the West where airways provide routes around
restricted airspace and around busy areas (like LAX) so ATC often
gives you airways rather than a million vectors (our airways are not
straight, they turn like roads).

So how do you Garmin guys easily fly along an airway graphically?

-Robert

Why not use a VOR receiver for airway navigation? Using a GPS for airway
navigation kind of seems backwards.