Old June 21st 04, 05:53 AM
Jim Weir

(Lennie the Lurker)

-And please note, not one ****ing word trying to justify his dislike
-for someone issuing a warning to others that may look at the plane
-less thoroughly than Bill did.

I don't do ****ing words. I never considered ****ing a spectator sport or a
word game.

Did you really LOOK at his post, Lennie? All the bitches about the airplane
were of the "I didn't like the way it looked." Not one single, "this measured
outside of the limits set by the xyz approved data sheet."

Now the owner emailing or phoning him with threats... THAT was plain dumb and
stupid on the owner's part. Had that OWNER posted here about this idiot that
looked at his airplane and what he had done about it, I'd'a reamed the owner a
new asshole with a wire brush. What I saw here were two jerks who deserved to
run into each other.

It's not the person you don't like,
-Jim, it's him giving a warning what to look out for.

I could give a rat's hiney about the warning. The dislike was that Berle had
absolutely no factual information on which to base his rant. He didn't like the
seat rails, but didn't measure them. He didn't like the aileron ball joints but
had no idea why they were frozen. He didn't like the flap mechanisms but had no
data on which to base his complaints...yada...yada...yada...

Too many major
-repairs were not disclosed, which is dishonest in the nth degree.

What not disclosed? Did Berle ASK about major damage or major repairs on the
phone and was told a lie? Anybody above moron in this business asks that
question as the first order of business. He never said the person lied to him;
Berle was too stupid to ask the question.

-lot of other major work needed doing, not disclosed beforehand either.

What major work needed to be done? Quote me from Berle's post, will you? All I
saw were some rantings from a person who expected to see a show airplane for a
beater price. He got what he bargained for...and never spent a cent of money in
the process...other than gas money which he quite easily could have avoided with
the proper questions on the phone.

- WHich would equate to me selling my nine inch South Bend, then
-telling the buyer that it has been backed over with a tractor. (I
-figure I'm the sixth owner since then, and it should be running by the
-end of July, but there's no way I'd try to pass it off as anything but
-what it is.) I don't do business that way.

You got a nine inch South Bend for sale? I'm in the market.

Jim

http://www.rst-engr.com