Old November 16th 12, 04:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Charlie Gibbs

Default Throttle or Prop control first after takeoff

In article ,
(dcd) writes:

On Saturday, March 7, 2009 9:41:21 AM UTC-8, Danny Deger wrote:

The POH on my 1941 Taylorcraft doesn't say a thing about when to
adjust the prop :-)

I didn't think the 1941 Taylorcraft came with a POH? Do you still
have it?

I once managed to purchase a new POH for my 1961 172B. But it
doesn't say anything about when to adjust the prop either.

As for planes with constant-speed props, my rule on takeoff is to
bring back the power first - although this shouldn't be necessary
if the airport is at 5000 feet. :-)

--
/~\
lid (Charlie Gibbs)