Old March 26th 05, 01:26 AM
Kevin Christner

The LCD is great. It dosent seem to suffer from some of the problems
that have affected the 302. I'm not sure what I prefered about the
LCD, I guess it seemed like the response rate was better, but I'm not
sure if I just imagined this. The LX1600 technology is several years
newer than the B50, and is designed to work with the latest PDA
software.

The LX will work fine with the VL, you will just need to make your own
cable, or find someone to make one for you. The LX has final glide
capability with only a Colibri and itself. If you use the VL, all
final glide information will come from the PDA. The B50 dosent do
final glides without a B57 or B2000, so either way this is an "extra"
feature that you won't get with the B50.... On the other hand, you
really do need the PDA with flyWithCE Navigator or Pocket SeeYou to
make the LX1600 really function.

So, I guess the real question to ask yourself is, am I planning on
flying with a PDA. If you answer yes, go with the LX1600. If you
answer no, go with the B50.

Kevin