Old March 26th 05, 01:57 AM

Glen,

WinPilot PRO and a PDA will work equally well with either the LX1600 or
the Borgelt B50. WinPilot has two screens to setup the LX1600 and
control its characteristics. WinPilot PRO and either vario will also
work equally well with either the VL or Colbri for GPS data.
Declarations can be made to both the VL and the Colibri. The B50 has
the option of a larger 80mm ADU or a 57mm ADU. WinPilot PRO also has
the additional feature of the Climb Maximizer and Direct Winds with
either vario or Logger. WinPilot also has a speed to fly with either
vario or logger.

The cabling is a little more extensive for the B50 VL combination than
the LX1600 Colibri. But it is not a big issue.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Glen Kelley wrote:
Kevin, good stuff, thanks.

What is it about the digital presentation that you prefer. Does the

LCD
display provide good contrast in direct sunlight?

Since I have a VL, I thought the comment about the Colibri working

better
with the LX was interesting. It appeared from the spec sheets that

the LX
series could get the proper info from a VL. Is there more to the

picture?

Thanks again.

Glen
"Kevin Christner" wrote in message
oups.com...
I flew with the LX1600 last season. Most of the settings have to be
adjusted on the iPaq. This is either a pro or con depending on how

you
look at it. One major benefit if you have a glider with 2 sets of
wingtips is its much easier to change the polar than on the B50.

On
the B50 you have to open the case. Both are very good as far as

the
vario goes. Having flown with both the LX and the B40, I prefer

the
digital meter of the LX over the Borgelt analog meter.

The LX has its own final glide functions that you may find useful.

Its
best to use a Colibri with the LX, where a Volkslogger would

probably
be your best choice for the B50. This also might influence your
decision.

Kevin