Old July 19th 03, 04:35 AM
Robert Perkins

On 18 Jul 2003 19:22:06 -0700, (Kevin Darling)
wrote:

I've heard from many airline pilot friends that they have
(unofficially) slept on long trips.

So have I, from a pilot on the ComAir payroll.

I think the pilot's mistake was not so much that he was asleep while
another had the controls; the safety problem with that is not as
critical in a 2-crew airplane at cruise.

Rather, it was that he let his passengers get unsettled enough to
document it. Never scare the pax, right? They pay the bills for the
flight, after all...

So while falling asleep wasn't bad for flight safety so much, it was
*very* bad for business. Wasn't he sacked?

Rob