Old November 25th 20, 09:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

Default PowerFlarm offers new Version, PowerFlarm Fusion Includes Manynewstandard Features!

On Wednesday, November 25, 2020 at 10:11:40 AM UTC-8, John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
I had asked these questions before but didn't see any response. Lets try again (with some of my own ANSWERS).

- The comment about "Hassle-free upgrade from PowerFLARM Core". What does this mean? Just "move the cables" and its plug and play? Configuration too? IT APPEARS SO.
- Or is there a trade-in discount program which to me is much more "hassel-free"? IT APPEARS NOT.
- The comment about "Updated antenna connectors — all screw-on". It appears that the PowerFLARM Fusion's A/B/ADS-B(1090) antenna connections are identical to the older PowerFLARM Core. Correct? Only the GPS antenna has changed (screw-in versus push-in)? UNANSWERED
- Are the antenna connections (A/B/ADS-B/GPS) identical between the PowerFLARM line and the LXNav PowerMouse? UNANSWERED
- Are the mounting holes identical between the Fusion and the Core? IT APPEARS SO.
- The overall dimensions appears to be identical between the new Fusion and the older Core. However, the LXNAV FLARM PowerMouse is 25%-40% smaller dimensionally and is 68% smaller in volume. JUST A COMMENT but these can be important considerations as we try to put 1000kg of stuff into a 100kg box (metric conversion applied).

My $0.02.

Thanks, John OHM

Hassle-Free means your antennas except for the GPS antenna will be the same connectors. It comes with a GPS antenna with the correct connectors. If you want to use your old GPS antenna you would need an adapter.

Fusion CFG tool is an app on your phone or use the USB port as before.

No Trade in just an introductory price $1526 until 01/31/2021

Antenna connectors Flarm A, Flarm B, ADS-B, GPS for PowerMouse and Fusion are the same.

Mounting is the same as the PowerFlarm Core

Because of design and FCC certification issues:
PowerMouse does not provide warnings on ADS-B targets as LXNAV uses its own ADS-b Module. FCC certification for PowerMouse USA only transmits on Flarm A antenna, FCC certification PowerMouse USA does not have WIFI or Bluetooth.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com