Old November 26th 20, 04:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default New Battery Type?

El jueves, 26 de noviembre de 2020 a la(s) 00:27:24 UTC-3, AS escribió:
Winter is coming and it is time to get the annual Battery / Battery Charger discussion going.
I ran across this ad for a new (to me) battery type. It is a Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt Oxide (LiNiMnCoO2) chemistry and the Ah rating the mfg claims is phenomenal.
Has anybody seen or even used this type already?

http://www.millenair.nl/shop/batteri....4v-20.5ah-nmc

Uli
'AS'

Yes, i made 3 packs for a guy who owns a discus with a lot of avionics and no place for much batteries.
He is reselling one (in Argentina) because with two has enough power to fly 24h transmitting with the radio.
The packs are made with the same cells that I have on the grasshopper and in most of the electric propulsion projects with the exception of FES that uses KOKAM cells.
The only thing that you need to look up before installing is the compatibility of your avionics with the output voltage.
And of course, taking good care of the packs.