Old July 15th 03, 03:18 PM
Tim Witt

Big John wrote:
I've not seen any AF Contract School accidents investigated by NTSB.
If there was a GA aircraft involved with contract school aircraft,
NTBS would be part of the investigation.

Big John,
The T-3A aircraft were military aircraft, owned by the USAF and
modified from the British version to the "unique" USAF specifications,
so their accidents would have been investigated by Air Force Safety
personnel. The T-3As were not civil certified aircraft. Who owns the
DA-20s? If Embry-Riddle owns them, they have to be civil certified
and so I would think that any accidents they have would be
investigated by the NTSB. If the USAF screening program results in
the award of a PPL, I would think the program has to follow FARs and
any resulting accidents would be investigated by the NTSB.

The whole T-3A fiasco has been a particularly sore subject with me as
I thought the entire premise for its procurement was bogus and it
turned out to be a huge waste of tax dollars (as well as a contributor
to a tragic loss of lives.)
Tim Witt