Old April 30th 05, 05:09 PM
BTIZ

No Dumb Questions.. just hard to interpret Regs..

You are qualified for Airplane Single Engine Land... a Tomahawk is an
Airplane Single Engine Land..
any time you have hands on stick.. that is PIC.. as far as the FAA is
concerned.. you don't need a specific sign off..

the insurance companies or rental FBO may have other ideas... specific make
and model sign offs are insurance company requirements..

If you are under the hood and have a rated pilot acting as a safety pilot,
then all you need is his name..
any time you are flying with hands on stick, with or without the hood, you
are PIC, any time you are under the hood, he may log PIC (acting pic) even
though he may never touch the stick.

BT

"Slick" wrote in message ...
I've only ever flown Cessna products and I've come across an area I'm not
sure about. I have my private and I have flow 150/2 and 172's since I
starting my training. Now I might partner up with a guy in a Tomahawk next
weekend for a tour across the state. I don't have any formal training in
any
Piper products, will I be allowed to log any stick time? I don't recall
exactly how the regs layout type certification. Do I have to be signed off
and have logged instruction to be PIC in the Tomahawk? Also if I only had
time in a 150, would I have to have instruction in a 152 before I could
log
PIC?

One last question, If I fly simulated instrument with a safety pilot, does
the safety pilot have to sign my logbook? Thanks to everyone for your help
and response.

News==----
Newsgroups
=----