Old September 17th 18, 07:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AS

Default Js3 jet catastrophic failure.

On Monday, September 17, 2018 at 1:42:12 PM UTC-4, wrote:
A friend has several R/C models with the smaller JetCats which run 25 hours between inspections. I don't remember what is replaced at those inspections.
Jim

both bearings and sometimes the pump .. balance and test run in a chamber with ecu adjustmetns. But I would expect they also examine turbine wheel from any sign of fracture. How i am not sure.

At a minimum, I would expect a Magna-Flux type dye penetrant inspection of the rotating part(s). These small turbines do not have replaceable 'blades' on a dove-tail like their full-size counterparts, so that inspection may be quite laborious to the point where sticking in a new one is more economical.

Uli
'AS'