Old October 3rd 05, 03:16 PM
Simon Robbins

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...

I love this "gotta be precise" kind of flying...

I had a chuckle last week when my instructor pointed out I'd inadvertantly
gained 100 ft on downwind, just before we radioed for landing information.
The altimeter setting came back from tower and he adjusted the dial, and
what do you know, it knocked a hundred feet off and I was spot on. I gave a
grin and I got back one of those "yeah, yeah, don't you dare try and
convince me you know what you're doing" kind of looks!

Got my CPL(H) check ride pseudo-scheduled for early November (No
specific date until the school hears back from the Examiner) and
started CFI ground school this past Monday.. I'm also working on my
Instrument ticket as well.. Can you say "High Workload"?

I've really got to knuckle down and do some studying before it begins to
hold back my flying. I have to pass Air Law before he solo, and I think I'm
about ready for that, but there's so much else I need to do afterwards. I
really struggle to find the time and motivation to sit and study. I can't
even imagine what the ATPL studies are going to be like...

Si