Old October 8th 03, 09:53 PM
Jay Somerset

On 08 Oct 2003 15:48:38 GMT, (PaulaJay1) wrote:

In article , "Jay Somerset"
writes:

My two KX 170B NavComs are getting a bit tired. The tuning gears have been
replaced, and after several years are now getting really stiff and hard to
turn again. Apart from the mechanical parts, the radios both work just
fine.

I took off the cover and sprayed the gears lightly with a silicon spray and the
tuning difficulty was fixed. I know, you wanted a reason for new. I replaced
my #1 with a garmin 430 and moved #1 to #2 position. There, I gave you a way
to spend more( and get more capability). I love my new setup.

Chuck

Your solution sounds great, and if I win big in the lottery, I'll do it. if
I win bigger, I'll get a 530. :-)

But I'll try the silicon spray bit first. Thanks.