Old March 13th 04, 05:20 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Teacherjh wrote:

But they pay something like 10% of all their ticket sales into the fund.

Not quite. The taxes are added to the price of the ticket after the advertised
price. So, the money being paid comes directly (rather than indirectly) from
the public, inasmuch as when I buy a $400 ticket, I have to pay more like $400
+ $20 + $43 + $2 + $14. The airline gets the (large) beneift of advertising a
$400 fare, and I get the "benefit" of paying $479 for this $400 ticket.

Same thing. Everything is paid for by the consumer in the end.

George Patterson
Battle, n; A method of untying with the teeth a political knot that would
not yield to the tongue.