Old June 30th 04, 03:20 AM
BTIZ

thanx Greg...

"Greg Arnold" wrote in message
news:WdpEc.1707$876.98@fed1read07...
BTIZ wrote:
Also, some people keep their trailer insurance separate from the glider
insurance, and some don't. If you have an accident with the glider and

the
insurance company totals the glider, they also take the trailer if it is
listed in the glider policy. Some people just insure the glider, and

list
the trailer under their homeowners or auto insurance policy. Total the
glider and at least you have an empty trailer to put something else into

or
sell to recoup some dollars.

Are you sure they would take the trailer? I pay $x for $y of glider
coverage, and $a for $b of trailer coverage. My understanding is that
these are two separate coverages. Similar to the idea that if I wreck
my car, they won't also take my wife's car which is on the same policy.

Also, I don't know why the insurance company would want to take the
trailer, since they would have to pay out its insured value. Unless
the trailer is underinsured, the insurance company gains nothing.

All I can say is, it has happened unto others...
BT