Old December 13th 09, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

Default Mystery of crashed glider in Arizona

On Dec 12, 11:16*am, Greg Arnold wrote:
Wayne Paul wrote:
The ruddervator actuation system is a distinctive feature of a Schreder sailplane. *If a picture of the control surface actuator coupling had been taken when the following picture was taken, I would be able to tell if it came from a sailplane designed by *Dick Schreder.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2695/...a7a44d65_b.jpg

That plane must have had tremendous cockpit ventilation. *Probably your
hat ended up back in the tail boom.

TUSC members remember this ship being at our present field at El Tiro
until around 1984. It sounds as if it was sold to a new owner and
moved around this time. Possibly the owner of the Serene strip or a
family member. We will certainly go and take another look with more
detailed photos just to satisfy all the curiosity we've stirred up.

Mike