Old December 14th 09, 08:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
db_sonic

Default Mystery of crashed glider in Arizona

On Dec 12, 10:16*am, Greg Arnold wrote:
Wayne Paul wrote:
The ruddervator actuation system is a distinctive feature of a Schreder sailplane. *If a picture of the control surface actuator coupling had been taken when the following picture was taken, I would be able to tell if it came from a sailplane designed by *Dick Schreder.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2695/...a7a44d65_b.jpg

That plane must have had tremendous cockpit ventilation. *Probably your
hat ended up back in the tail boom.

Also possible, in addition to providing pitot and cockpit vent, he was
looking into setting up some sort of blow hole turbulators in the wing
like the ASW20 and DG300 and the hole could provide the necessary
intake port...pure speculation on my part. Good job guys id'ing this.