Old April 17th 10, 01:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Default Front Electric Sustainer

Hi,

It does look like a very elegant system.

I just thought of one other benefit of the system..... If your tow release
fails, you may be able to cut it with the propeller... : ) or perhaps you
would reel-in the rope and catch up with the towplane. If the towpilot then
releases at just the right moment you could slingshot up another couple
hundred feet! ... OK, my mind is wandering in strange directions this
morning...

Paul Remde

"Greg Arnold" wrote in message
I see that the webpage now has pictures of the latest design, with a bigger
prop, and a more streamlined attachment to the spinner. Also a video of it
running at Aero.

After the flight tests this summer, it will be interesting to get
information about its real world climb rate and range.

http://www.front-electric-sustainer.com