Old July 15th 04, 06:24 PM
Jarg

"WalterM140" wrote in message
So you find a couple of guys (former this and former that) who don't

agree
with aspects of the Iraq strategy

Not "guys".

Oh sorry, are they female?

Two former commanders of Central Command.

And your point is? They were trained to carry out military strategy based
on United State government policy. They had no particular compelling
insight into Iraq as far as I can see, and were not involved in the decision
making process. Zinnini was an envoy dealing with the Israeli-Palestinian
conflict at the time (a failed assignement I might add so apparently his
profound knowlege of the region were not very useful there!) Hoar, who was
a Dean advisor by the way, made some pretty dire predictions about the
initial military campaign saying "The result would be high casualties on
both sides, as well as in the civilian community." Of course that was
quickly demonstrated to be incorrect, with Hoars credibility in such matters
diminishing in the process. In any case, Zinnini and Hoar are entitled to
their opinions but there are plenty of ex-officials, inluding numerous high
level military commanders who agree with the decision to dipose Saddam. In
fact Zinnini's and Hoars opinions were most noteworthy in that they were
among the exceptions.

Certainly not on the 'left' despite your propagandist rant.

There you go again with the sloppiness. Nowhere did I say your sources were
"left", although they may well be. Perhaps you should try diagramming the
threads so you can keep up.

Also, I wonder if you have any idea how ironic your "propagandist rant"
accusation is given your angry crazed repetitive ramblings.?!

Bush is a miserable failure.

I bet his list of accomplishments surpasses yours many times over, so you
must be a complete miserable failure, and therefore poorly qualified to pass
judgement on anything of significance!

We are less safe now than we were on 9/11.

Probably just your paranoia showing. On 9/11 large numbers of American
civilians were murdered. How many have been murdered by the terrorists
since? As for me, I feel better knowing the enemy has largely been denied
his refuges and sponsorers in Afghanistan and Iraq, and that many of the
worst of them have died at the hands of our military with even more destined
for the same fate.

But now we have almost 900 KIA and nothing to show for it.

No one -- certainly no one who served in the military -- could think that

the
reasons Bush 43 has given -- shutting down the torture chambers, bringing
'freedom' to Iraq, and the rest, could possibly be worth 900 KIA

All this statement tells me is that you fail to understand of how
significantly the United States, Iraq and the world has benefited from
Saddams removal, not to mention how you lack the imagination to glimpse the
potential long term benefits of the creation of an Arab democracy. I
believe the loss of American lives was a large but worthwhile price to pay,
and my impression is that for the most part the US soldiers who are putting
their lives on the line would agree.

Jarg