Old September 2nd 12, 04:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

Default R.I.P. Highflyer

"Stella Starr" wrote

Tragic news this week. One of the first friends I met when I joined this
group as a student pilot has died in the crash of his "second" plane.

Friends who knew John Johnson of southern Illinois will agree, because The
Red Lady, his Stinson, was first in his heart...but she was nearly
destroyed in a hangar fire a couple of years ago. An Apache he'd been
restoring suffered less damage, and he was on the way to the Antique
Airplane Association fly-in at Blakesburg, Iowa, when he and another man
in the plane were killed in a crash in Missouri, near the Mississippi
River.

-- Stella

Sorry to hear about this, even though I never made it up there to the big
event.
Highflyer's wife still doing OK, as circumstances allow? My condolences go
out to her in this though time.

Jim in NC