Old June 24th 17, 03:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Color Platforms for Top Hat/XCSoar

On Friday, June 23, 2017 at 3:03:45 PM UTC-4, wrote:
What color devices are pilots using for Top Hat/XCSoar? I'm running Top Hat on a Kobo Glo (large eink gray scale--great readability) and a Dell Streak 5 (smaller screen, color, acceptable readability). If the Dell were a little brighter and larger, it would be perfect.

Options seem to range from other mobile phones all the way up to the OpenVario project (at least for XCSoar). What works for you?

Chip Bearden
"JB"

Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
Daylight readable with polarized sunglasses
Internal GPS and barograph for backup system use.
Large very high resolution screen
many spares available
Recent android OS not obsolete windows CE type stuff - will be supported for several more years.
Wifi
Bluetooth
I used it 2 years with XCsoar and it worked great.