Old June 17th 04, 01:13 AM
Stu Gotts

Because if you call the FAA they'll tell you they need certification,
rather than spoil our horologists, let everyone else ask themselves
the question of whether or not they're going to put that clock back
into the panel of their certificated aircraft after they get it up and
running properly. I know I absolutely would never do such a thing,
the aircraft may fall out of the sky trying to give time! So for me
there is no need to worry about any jerkie certification. The moronic
thing is that a CRS will send him clocks to repair and they'll mark
them up 5 or 6 times and sell them with a cert.

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 08:13:53 -0700, Jim Weir wrote:

Ask YOURSELF the question ... where are the requirements for a clock to have
some sort of certification? Last I looked, the only requirements were for the
clock to have a "sweep second hand", which has later been interpreted to be a
digital readout of seconds.

Ask YOURSELF the question ... where in the regulations is the definition of
"certified" for ANY application.

Jim

(COUGARNFW)

-
-Ask the question, just that, on this forum: Which airplanes must have a
-certified clock? Instrument flying would be my guess, but ask.

http://www.rst-engr.com