Old August 21st 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.aerobatics,rec.aviation.soaring
john smith

Default Flight Envelopes

In article FO5Gg.269$8J2.6@fed1read11,
"BTIZ" wrote:

ok... that flight envelope..
I do not have a spreadsheet that would depict that for any given aircraft
given certain input information... but I'm sure someone does

"Michael Nyrup" aerosign-remove wrote in message
Please define "flight envelopes".

With "Flight Envelope" I mean a pictorial way of displaying the strength
of a plane. Load factor on the Y-axis and airspeed on X-axis. Va, Vne, Vd
etc. is plotted and you get a graphical presentation of the plane
limitations.
I hope it is a little clearer...

I haven't made one for a year or two.
It is called a V-n or V-g diagram.
You can make it yourself.
You look up all the information in the POH/AFM.
Horizontal line is airspeed.
Vertical line is g-loading.
Top border is positive-g load limit.
Bottom border is negative-g load limit.
Right border is Vne.
Left border is Zero kts/mph.
The positive knee is at Va, Vs is another point at 1-g.
I would have to go back and review my sources, but this is what I recall
from memory.
I asked Cessna and Piper for the diagrams they generate based on flight
test data, but they would not provide it.