Old June 19th 14, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

Default New ClearNav CNv Vario LCD Display

On Thursday, June 19, 2014 8:08:35 AM UTC-4, Andy K wrote:
On Thursday, June 19, 2014 12:08:55 AM UTC-4, Paul Remde wrote:

Hi,

I have added details and pricing on the new ClearNav CNv Variometer LCD

display to my web site. I have the displays in stock now. They can be used

in addition to, or instead of the original CNv vario display with mechanical

pointer.

Customers who already fly with a CNv variometer get a discount of $125 if

they purchase the new display during June of 2014.

Details on the new Display

http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/clearnav.htm#CNi-0625

Details on a complete variometer system with the new display:

http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/clearnav.htm#CNi-062x

I have the new displays in stock and have been playing with one tonight.

I'm very impressed with the extremely sharp, high-resolution and relatively

large display. It is very easy to read.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde

Cumulus Soaring, inc.

Will this display support turn area tasks in the future?

Not fully, i.e. don't be looking for stats, optimization guidance and all the rest. But simple display of (circular) turn areas on the map screen, likely yes.

Evan Ludeman for CNi