Old January 7th 16, 07:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Walsh

Default DG quality?

I stand corrected; good that NOAH is available in Schempp
gliders. Ancient trials of ancient glider pilots trying to "bail
out" on the ground wearing added lead to simulate high g
forces showed that even fit pilots need help!
Dave Walsh

At 13:52 07 January 2016, Kevin Neave wrote:
NOAH is available as an option on Schempp-Hirth Gliders

KN

At 13:23 07 January 2016, Dave Walsh wrote:
Interesting that "bumper" considered crash resistance in

his
choice between DG800 and ASH26E. If surviving an

accident is
the sort of thing that worries you remember that only DG

offer
the NOAH pilot ejection system. I had one in a DG808C

and
don't have one in my current motor glider: I miss it.
If you're of a more philosophic nature a bigger question

might
be the relative merits of the engines in the 800/26E.
If you're a purist without an engine I'd stop worrying

about DG
quality, it's fine, the finish/gel coat being notably long

lasting.
In addition dealing with the DG company for spares,
information, etc was a joy - fast, efficient, reliable; never

had a
problem in 10+ years.

My experience as customer of Schempp, as a part owner

of a
Duo, was less wonderful.

Never owned a plastic Schleicher so can't help there.