Old May 14th 06, 02:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning

Default Learning from an owner annual

That will work too. One thing to avoid is taking a cover
plate off and leaving it swung aside and fastened with one
screw. You'll certainly walk into it or catch a sleeve and
bend the part and maybe injure yourself or the airplane.

You can use a Sharpie to write on the back of inspection
covers and such, the name and location of each part. You
can tag wire but taking digital photos as you go along is
easy and besides it documents the work as well as locating
the parts.

The key is a system.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

"B A R R Y" wrote in
message ...
| On Sun, 14 May 2006 08:08:12 -0500, "Jim Macklin"
| wrote:
|
| Buy a [big] box or two of slide-lock baggies, put the
| parts, with a label and tape them to the area near the
| inspection cover. You can even add notes to yourself or
the
| other mechanic who is working on the airplane.
|
| Another suggestion:
|
| Our guy has a bunch of "Tupperware" or fishing tackle
style divided
| organizers. We drop the fasteners in those and label the
top with a
| Sharpie (ex:// RT wing tip, fwd belly panel, etc... over
each
| compartment) and the tail number (there's more than one
plane in the
| hangar). After each plane is complete, the mechanic wipes
the tops of
| the containers with alcohol, removing the marker for the
next plane.