Old August 11th 08, 07:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Lee[_2_]

Default .................A private thanks to J3................

J3, kind sir. I downloaded, joined, extracted and viewed all of your
efforts with great appreciation.

Thank you for all your new millenium work, as contrasted to the late
1980's calcification found glaringly in this group.

As for the curmudgeons herein, pay them no heed. Not only do they still
**** and moan about splits, pars, rars and YEnc, if you pay close
attention, some are still whining about having to upgrade their 28k
modems to 36.6k.

JeebusGawd!

"Neverending September" on display! This group reminds me of
having to endure the AOL and WebTV "me too!" era. The howls that one must
endure when a poster forgets to retro-fit his news client and turn off
YEnc.

A new word has entered the internet lexicon... "ABPA-holes!" It is a
synonym to intransigence... paleolithic... antebellum... windozers... and
head-in-the-sand.

I've been lurking here (with an occasional post) for well over 15 years
and have regarded with amazement the petulance, the unwillingness and
inability for personal growth/evolution/learning.

There are some who have been enlightened well over a dozen times how to
quit using Windoze and use ANY of the SCADS of FREE software that will
solve all their whining in mere SECONDS. I guess laziness is the real
issue. "I don't give a crap what you say! This is the way it's always
been done! I'm plonking YOU!"

I swear, I have fired MANY a long-term/tenured employee just for using
the aforementioned phrase, "This is the way it's always been done." Of
course when dealing with this phylum, to avoid the usual petulant
lawyering-up, I have to cover these firings with their more tangible
obtuseness (they make it SO EASY).

Holy mackeral, Andy... My Alzheimer-soaked grandmother was more agreeable
than this lot.

One more thing... watch the occasional discussion of the latest greatest
hot-to-trot camera with bigger bells and whistles, knobbier knobs,
flashier flashes. This from the same group whining about having to
upgrade their Corvair-computer usage to at least a Yugo.