Old February 27th 04, 07:47 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Scott Ferrin" wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:30:18 -0800, "Tarver Engineering"
wrote:

"Harry Andreas" wrote in message
In article , John Cook
wrote:

Hi all

Just saw this and it peaked my interest..

"The New Air Superiority Benchmark

Thursday the 19th of February 2004 will mark the day when the
undisputed king of air superiority had to surrender its thirty-year
crown to a newcomer. It happened over the skies of Windermere, in the
scenic English Lake District. Two Eurofighter Typhoon twin-seaters
were on the first RAF formation training flight from Warton Aerodrome
when they were bounced from the eight o'clock by a couple of F-15Es
belonging to the USAFE's 48th TFW, probably the most formidable and
experienced combat unit in the European theatre. The Typhoon crew did
not seem to be intimidated and with two rapid counters ended up on

the
F-15 tail, comfortably gunning the trailing one, who was in full
afterburner, wings rocking and wondering what had happened.

Bit of hyperbole there.
The author lumps the E and C models together.
Wake me when the Eurofighter trumps the C.

If the F-35C is that good, it is one more nail in the F-22's coffin.

Well, keep hoping. You really ought to get your burning hatred of the
F-22 checked out by a mental health professional. You're FAR over the
line into raving obsession.

Celebration, Scotty.

You were wrong all along.