Old October 9th 04, 09:11 PM
Ron Natalie

Wayne Sweet wrote:
I had bid on a GNS430 and lost. A day after, an email stating the winner did
not complete the transaction and I was being offered a "second chance
offering". The email looked good, had "eBay" sort of format, but was a
fraud; the buyer had completed the transaction.
A week later, I won a bid on a GNS430. A bidder email me saying he had
received a second chance offering.
This seems to be a continuing attempted fraud on high dollar items.
One needs to be very skeptical about what emails are taken seriously.
Wayne

There are a lot of these phony second chance offers. However, a real
second chance auction will be an EBAY auction that only you can bid on.
You can get to it by going directly to your MY EBAY login. NEVER CLICK
ON ANY "apparent" EBAY LINKS IN EMAILS.