Old August 28th 08, 11:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default ASW-24 vs ASW-28

On Aug 28, 2:25*pm, "Kloudy via AviationKB.com" u33403@uwe wrote:
Appears there are some ASW-28s for sale.
Having only flown the ASW-24 and '27, what are the differences between the
'24 and '28?

28 is slightly longer and a lot more expensive. Never flew a 24 so I
can't compare. I jumped from a 19 to a 28.

Standard 28 panel is smaller than the 24 with deeper cut-outs to allow
more leg room. That limits instrument space. Some were ordered with
the larger 27 panel.

The claim is that the 28 wing works better than the 24 in turbulent
thermals.

The 28 does not seem to be as popular as the D2 and LS-8 but I've
flown against both and don't think I give up anything in climb or
cruise. It does seem to be a bit sensitive to being at the right
speed to climb well.

You should snap up Nigel's before I tell him he set the price too low.

Andy