Old July 5th 07, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jamie Denton

Default Logger Choice

Hi all,
I'm looking to purchase a logger for personal use
and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations?
It won't be fitted to any single glider (I fly club
gliders mainly), so being a self contained unit (inc.
power) is essential. For me the things I care about
*IGC approval (I do fly comps so this is important)
*Battery life and Memory
*Reliability
*Integration with PDA (I use XCSoar)
*Price
*Ease of use

Things I'm not too worried about
*Integration with other equipment (Lnavs/Flarm etc)
*Provided navigation info

At the moment I'm torn between a Collibri V4 and an
EW Microrecorder, has anyone any thoughts?

TIA

Jamie