Old March 15th 17, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Phil Chidekel

Default We need an ASW-19 rebirth for $25,000

On Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 5:59:21 PM UTC-4, wrote:
It would be really nice if the leadership came together and paired up resources to make something like this happen. We've seen American's do much greater things than anywhere on earth. We've sent men to the moon, we invented rock n roll, we connected hands across america, we are the innovators in so much stuff. But why can't we build a airplane (without an engine, or avionics) for less than $100,000?? You an buy a brand new Mustang for $25,000 and it is way more of a complex machine. Sure they've had assembly lines, but with creative minds, we could make something happen.

Paul Remde was funded through our membership to stay in business. This can happen with a drive from our membership to fund a revolutionary glider that is affordable.

That extreme price tag of gliders is something that kills the sport, and therefor needs to be addressed.

The SSA leadership needs to step up and start pairing together resources to help new gliders being built at reasonable prices. We have members who own warehouses that aren't even being used. There are mega wealthy members among us, that would donate space in a warehouse or other resources, at no cost, out of the love for this sport. We have engineers who would help mentor a project. We have it all, just need a leadership to lead a revolution.