Old March 9th 18, 09:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default 18m Nationals weight restriction at Seminole

First, make no mistake:
Higher WEIGHT gliders at this site are a real problem.
In addition to length issue, the runway is soft sandy grass.
Gliders with high weights and sometimes smaller tire footprint, well...

Grand Prix rules say equalize all wing loading, based on the highest
minimum wing-loading. For Florida Grand Prix that's me at 9.5 lb/ft2.

I suggested we do the same for 18m nationals; this was not the decision taken.
In any case Florida weather is VERY unlikely to reward higher wing-loadings!
This is not Hobbs!

Stop fussing and come on down Andrzej!