Old September 11th 04, 03:01 PM
Kevin Brooks

"Cub Driver" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 03:27:01 -0700, Lyle wrote:

From what ive been hearing the kind of type writer that was used to
tyoe the report didnt exsist at the time of the so called incident.
wich means these are not the original documents, but fakes.

Even worse than that, the forger evidently used Microsoft Word, or
perhaps Word Perfect, and didn't have the smarts to turn off the
smart-completion feature that turned "th" into a superscript.

The forgeries are so bad that the Kerry campaign is now accusing Karl
Rove of slipping them to the Democrats so as to bite them. (I presume
that CBS will be using this angle in lieu of an apology.)

What is so fabulous about this incident is that it was exposed in a
matter of hours by (are you ready?) bloggers! The internet obsessives
were able to assemble the experts that evidently eluded CBS News,
without fee and without delay.

Compared to the work they did, the fact that the colonel's widow says
that his signature was faked comes almost as a footnote.

Even worse--according to a report I read late last night, the Dallas Morning
News has discovered that one of the alleged memos was addressed to an
officer who had retured a year and a hald *before* the date of the memo!

Brooks

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: (put Cubdriver in subject line)

The Warbird's Forum