Old October 15th 03, 09:14 PM
Simon Robbins

"Alan Minyard" wrote in message
France is not a "race" so French bashing is not racist.

Interestingly (maybe) British law doesn't see it the same way. (I'd be
interested to know the American legal position.) In UK law, there is no
distinction between discriminating against someone's nationality of origin
and their ethnic race. Therefore French-bashing in the UK could be
considered a criminal offence, but I think it would probably only likely
come into play as a reason for a greater offence, i.e. racially motivated
violent attack, or discrimination at work. (Though logically verbal abuse
against someone because they're a different colour is no different to if
they're a different nationality.)

Si