Old January 19th 04, 02:19 PM
Roy Smith

In article . net,
"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:

"Brad Z" wrote in message
news:uAJOb.97275$xy6.175256@attbi_s02...

In your scenario, the "hold for an hour" consideration is baloney. The
reg's state that you should commence the approach as soon as possible to
your "filed or amended (with ATC) estimated time en route." I would argue
that if the controller is giving you vectors for the approach, he knows
you're early. I would argue that this is essentually an ETA amendment for
all practical purposes, and therefore in alignment with 91.185.

Actually, it's unlikely the controller knows you're early as it's unlikely
he knew your original ETA.

Yeah, but the point is, he knows where you are now.