Old July 10th 03, 06:44 PM
Peter Duniho

"Dennis O'Connor" wrote in message
The cynical steak in me says that the real reason for the stadiums/Orlando
TFR is so that the money men don't have to share the advertising to 50,000
people with some two bit, pilot towing an "eat at joe's" sign...

Is that a sirloin or filet?

Seriously though, I don't think you're being all that cynical at all. IMHO,
much of the aftermath of 9/11 has been politically and economically
motivated, with very little concern at all for genuine security issues.
Chalk it up to human nature, or whatever, but plenty of people jumped to
take advantage of the situation.

It's not a stretch at all to think that people with a vested interest in
advertising revenue for sporting events took advantage and lobbied for the
restriction of advertisers that don't cut them in.

Pete