Old July 10th 08, 03:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Wizard of Draws[_5_]

Default Letting it lapse

I think I've come to the conclusion that I will let my IFR rating lapse. As
it stands, I seem to be flying mostly to keep the rating current, rather
than flying for the enjoyment. I don't really go anywhere, the wife won't
fly with me, and the skyrocketing cost is making me look hard at the ROI
from different angles.

I'm figuring that from now on when I fly, I'm taking my 4 year old grandson.
He's my only enthusiastic co-pilot, and I won't put him in IFR, so why keep
it current? I don't want to get priced out of flying any sooner than I will
be, so this is my way of getting the Little Man in the air with me, and
keeping flying bug alive in him, for the maximum number of hours I have
left.
--
Jeff 'The Wizard of Draws' Bucchino
Cartoons with a Touch of Magic